Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Phone dead?

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

We just upgraded the firmware of our 7941s. All are good except one. It doesn't upgrade at all. I factory reset it by holding #, 123456789*0#.

After this, it's still not fixed. Then I directly connected it to a laptop as TFTP server with SEPxxxxxx.cnf, term41.defaults.loads, etc. with it.

However the phone is not responding at all. Then I factory reset it again the 2nd time. Now the speaker button & line button blink once, then it's dead. no power.

I also tried connecting a power supply but the same happens. the speaker button & line button blink once, then it's dead.

Can anyone help me how to troubleshoot it? Or the only thing I should do is forward it to TAC?

tnx

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try the alternate reset sequence:

3491672580*#

After that, wait, it can take 10 minutes without display activity to revive the phone.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Is it the same sequence (factory reset)for 7912? I have few phones that dont reboot after upgrading firmware to 8.04.

Thanks

thanks p.bevilacqua

Tried it but no success!

any more idea?

tnx

Do packet capture and you will see that either the phone is not give a valid dhcp reply with option 150, or it reuest some file that the tftp server doesn't give.

Hi Can anyone give me what should be on the SEP.CNF.XML & xmlDefault.CNF.XML. Seems i'm lacking something on it.

thanks

What do you have, CM or CME ? check that the ephone is configured correctly in there.

CM with 7941G sccp phone.

firmware:SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S

tnx

Finally I was able to fixed it.

tnx

How about description of how the problem was solved, then at least these postings are usefull.

Hello, I'm facing the same problem. Could you please share with me what was done to fix the issue? Thank you.

The only thing that I've done is set a specific pc as a TFTP server, then I copied all the phone's files from my CM for that particular model. Then when all was set, i reset it as advised then it works!

hth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: