cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM - nothing clearing

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

DFM seems to be finally working well for me but I have noticed that I am not getting any CLEAR messages. I will get notified that something has gone down but even though I can ping the device it never shows CLEAR in DFM and I am not getting the CLEARED emails that I have setup.

Any ideas? I am sure it is something I missed but I don't know what.

thanks

tony

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Being able to ping something is only part of what DFM uses to determine a device is reachable. DFM must also be able to successfully poll the device via SNMP.

Also note that an alert will not clear until all of the events within the alert have cleared. New events may get rolled into an alert all the time. You should go into DFM Fault History and search for events which have cleared.

If you find events are clearing, but you are not receiving notifications for those cleared events, it could be that you have not properly defined your Notification Group. In order for cleared events to go out as notifications, you must check both the Informational event severity box as well as the Cleared event status box.

adding the informational did the trick. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: