cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkey Template: remove newCall?

retokrucker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm configuring a new softkey template, which should use only one line (just 4 buttons assigned, when onHook, without the "more" button).

I need the following buttons:

-Pickup

-Forward all

-Hlog

-Redial

The problem is, I cannot remove the softkey "NewCall". Does anybody know why?

This key is useless to me, because the user can also push the loudspeeker/headset button or he pushes the line button to get the same functionality.

Is there a way to remove this button?

6 Replies 6

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

First I hope you have copied a default template into a new template and renamed it so you can make changes. If there is a * next to a feature on the template you copied it can note be removed or I should say it should not be removed. Not sure why it is a bother to you because it is only there based on the condition of the phone ie onhook offhook ect.

I am not sure but you may be able to hunt down the table in SQL "warning I would not mess with SQL if this is in production" But in a lab maybe. Understand that would be a global change and affect the control you would have.

Hi David

Shure I copied the default template :-).

I have CUCM 6.1 and cannot access the SQL Database, as far as i know.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Reto,

Sadly, the "New Call" Softkey is a mandatory Softkey (note the ** beside it in the selection box) and therefor cannot be removed. It can however be moved down the Selection List Order so it is not on the first line. The other thing of note is that as soon as you go over 4 Softkeys in any Template the "More" softkey becomes mandatory as well :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanx Rob

It doesn't solve the problem, but now i know definitely that the button is unremovable.

Hi There,

It took me quite a while to figure this one out. If you are in the custom template screen one of the drop downs on the upper right side is Configure Softkey Layout. You can modify this thing to your heart's content.

Attached is a picture to show what I mean

Oops... I realized after I posted it is kind of a default... as the people above me noticed...

For a quick fix you could simply move it to the bottom and it wouldn't appear anymore?

I already know the way to configure it. The problem is in there, cannot remove the NewCall Softkey.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: