AXL addUser request on ccm5+

Unanswered Question
Apr 3rd, 2008
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Could anyone post a simple working example? I'm having the hardest time getting even the most simplistic command to work

(e.g. <newUser><lastname>test</lastname><userid>test</userid></newUser>)

ccm always bitches about a parsing error so I figure it expects a different order / and or different notation, but I have nothing to go on except the wsdl file, and this request corresponds to the wsdl as far as I can tell.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
stephan.steiner Thu, 04/03/2008 - 23:23
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Not according to the WSDL, but okay.. my first attempt was with pin and password.

As a sidenote.. I'm currently porting a user management solution from ccm 4.2 to 6.1 so the code works on ccm4.. it's not like I'm starting out fresh.

So, do you have a working sample of a request that works on ccm6 (or 5.. when it wouldn't work on 6.1.1 I figured I'd try on 5.1.3 but it didn't work there either).

Sascha Monteiro Sat, 04/05/2008 - 18:39
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

do you mind posting the whole SOAP request incl envelope and body?

pklos Mon, 04/07/2008 - 01:56
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Pin and password are not required. Here is my working example (CUCM

Request:" xmlns:xsi="" xmlns:xsd="">" xsi:schemaLocation=" http://ccmserver/schema/axlsoap.xsd" sequence="1">


Response:" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="">" xmlns:xsi="">


But I think your problem is that your CUCM have LDAP synchronization enabled for user accounts. Adding users then is impossible, you can only import them.




stephan.steiner Mon, 04/07/2008 - 03:08
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Thanks for posting a working example.

Since Friday, I'm actually good. I opened a case, sent in traces and the traces showed that my command was incomplete

(it contained something like which of course won't work).. the weird thing is that the getUser command worked and the header building part is not dependant on the operation type.

I also had rebooted the ccm after installing some locales, so I suspect that the reboot took care of things as now adding users is no longer a problem.


This Discussion