cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Upgrades

jlefko
Level 1
Level 1

We have about 2000 users with CSA 5.1.074 installed. We are looking to upgrade our management console to 5.2.x but want to understand how the clients will get the update. Is there an automated process from the server or do I need to push out another agent kit to each user?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

gojericho0
Level 1
Level 1

I use CSA to push the updates. The new version/build is first installed on the CSA MC. From there you can schedule updates from the CSA MC for various groups and time windows.

You need to make sure that during the upgrade window you disable the CSA agent.

If you do not you will see something in your logs stating that process xyz.exe as user NT Authority\System attempted to disabled the CSA agent. This action has been blocked.

To get around this I have a host management rule that moves my "production" csa group into "test mode group" about 15 mins before my schedule update is run and then move them back 15 minutes after the update is schedule to end. Here's a link if you need more details:

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=404167&seqNum=3

It describes installs, upgrades, and removals

chickman
Level 1
Level 1

You can setup a group for the devices you want to upgrade. With that group in mind, you'll want to create a "Scheduled Software Update."

You can find this by going to System ==> Software Update ==> Scheduled Software Update

From here you'll setup the update package. Keep in mind the time as well as quiet install.

I have to put this out there, but we had to manually install majority of our agents. There was a problem with the agent not taking the update and applying it.

Best of luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: