cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express Outlook Addin disappeared

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

We're running MPX 2.0.1.15 and the Outlook addin was working well until today. It has disappeared from a couple of our users Outlook clients & despite reinnstalling & checking the add-in's in advanced options I can't see a way of gettinng it back.

There is very little info on CCO about this - can anyone help ?

Thanks,

Paul.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul -

You shouldn't need a reboot, but Outlook could be the culprit. On the problem workstations, was there anything new introduced by way of Outlook update, Service pack, upgrade, Outlook 2007 vs. 2003? BTW - we are seeing plug-in errors reappear now that customers have Outlook 2007 at work, but still run Outlook 2003 or 2000 at home. This has caused us problems with ViewMail, the Unity client that also is an Outlook plug-in. Outlook stores the forms in a hidden file called frmcache.dat (forms cache). If you just deinstall, reinstall, it doesn't correct UNTIL you do these steps:

1. Close and exit Outlook

2. Remove any synchronized PDA; or Office Communicator client (which hold Outlook in memory)

3. Deinstall plugin

4. Search for hidden/system files in the user's profile - c:\documents & settings\userid for the following files - extend.dat and frmcache.dat. Delete both files. This is safe to do because Outlook recreates these when started.

5. Reinstall plugin - make sure user is in local Administators group of the workstation otherwise permission rights will be an issue.

6. Open Outlook.

Regards, Ginger

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul -

Occasionally where there is a problem with Outlook, add-ins can get disabled. If you are using Outlook 2003, you can click on the Help and select About Microsoft Outlook. Click the Disabled Items button on the bottom right of the Help screen. Check there and if the plug-in is there, select it for Re-enable. This is in a different place on Outlook 2007, which I cannot recall at the moment. Another place to look is the Outlook - Tools - Options - Other tab - select Advanced Options; and then select Add-in Manager tab. There should be a checked add-in called MeetingPlace for Outlook. Hope this helps!

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

You were correct that there are disabled items. I reenabled them, rebooted and still no tab.

I've uninstalled through Windows then reinstalled & again I have no tab.

Anything else you can think of ?

Paul.

Hi Paul -

You shouldn't need a reboot, but Outlook could be the culprit. On the problem workstations, was there anything new introduced by way of Outlook update, Service pack, upgrade, Outlook 2007 vs. 2003? BTW - we are seeing plug-in errors reappear now that customers have Outlook 2007 at work, but still run Outlook 2003 or 2000 at home. This has caused us problems with ViewMail, the Unity client that also is an Outlook plug-in. Outlook stores the forms in a hidden file called frmcache.dat (forms cache). If you just deinstall, reinstall, it doesn't correct UNTIL you do these steps:

1. Close and exit Outlook

2. Remove any synchronized PDA; or Office Communicator client (which hold Outlook in memory)

3. Deinstall plugin

4. Search for hidden/system files in the user's profile - c:\documents & settings\userid for the following files - extend.dat and frmcache.dat. Delete both files. This is safe to do because Outlook recreates these when started.

5. Reinstall plugin - make sure user is in local Administators group of the workstation otherwise permission rights will be an issue.

6. Open Outlook.

Regards, Ginger

Bingo ..... this worked.

5 points for you Ginger, thanks !

Hi -

Most awesome! Thank you for letting me know back and for your positive feedback :-)

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks for your help. Similar problem in Outlook 2007. Enabled

the meetingplace add-in under "Help | Disabled Items...". Addin started to work fine!

Regards

Hello,
I've a similar issue with my MPX installation. In fact, I installed the plug-in on my Desktop PC and fortunately I see the MeetingPlace tab. But when I'm click on it I see a sort of web page error telling me "Action canceled".

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested.
The page might be temporarily unavailable..

Any idea?

The web page is manually reacheable. I can do everything I want when I browse on the site.

IE6 and Outlook 2003 are used.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Hello Martin,

Make sure that the URL configured in your MeetingPlace Express Outlook plug-in is correct. Open your Outlook client and click on "Tools", then "Options", and then on the MeetingPlace tab. One there, you can click Edit for the entry of your server to verify the URL. The URL should be http://server/outlook/mpe. Also if your server has SSL enabled and you are using https://server to access your server, make sure you have "https" in the MeetingPlace Express Outlook plug-in URL which is a common misconfiguration that would cause this error message.

You can change this for future installations of the Outlook plug-in on the MeetingPlace Express Server by going to the web page, and clicking on Administration, System Configuration, and Outlook Plug-in Configuration. There you can click on Edit next to the entry for the MeetingPlace Express URL.

Regards,

Andrew Martin

Customer Support Engineer

Unified Communications Application: Conferencing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: