cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple ISP w/ VPN, Single 2821

sbevlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, hope someone can help me with this problem. We currently have a 2821 ISR with a T1 from our ISP. We are out of bandwidth so we are upgrading to a Metro Ethernet connection, which has been installed and tested. The problem/question:

I want to have both connections active with the faster connection servicing internal outbound internet traffic and both connections servicing inbound VPN connections until the migration is complete. I added the VPN map to the second interface and can successfully connect and authenticate and connect the VPN through the new connection. However, I cannot pass traffic to the internal network. When I do the following:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 g0/1

I can sometimes pass traffic over the VPN, and sometimes not. Is it a situation where the router is load balancing VPN traffic between the two connections?

I guess what I am asking is it possible to do what I am attempting? Two external connections to a single box, with both able to terminate VPN connections? If not, I will have to do a single ungraceful dump to the new connection which will be a major pain.

Please raise your hand if you are totally confused.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sam, is not that we're confused, it's just that your problem has the typical symptoms of misconfiguration. Multiple links, VPN, etc all require a good understanding of routing fundamentals, lot of attention to details, and sometime even expert make mistakes and then spend a lot of time to find and correct them.

Since it's likely that you cannot post here the configuration for all the sites involved, plust it would take a lot of time, can't you just hire someone experienced to get you up ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card