cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAC with single gateway?

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to impliment CCM based CAC with a single gateway?

In our scenario we have a single h323 gateway that has a PRI to the PSTN, and a T1 to a frame network. The other end of the frame-network is a partner CME router (which we don't control). How can I setup so that all calls over the frame-network use g729 and only 8 calls allowed, while also ensureing g711 in our local lan and also ability to route out the PSTN.

I understand how to do with two regions,and multiple gateways, but confused on how to impliment with only one gateway.

your help is appreciated.

thanks

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you only have 1 dial-peer on the H323 pointing to the CME you can config the max-conn

Max-Connections

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/solutions_docs/voip_solutions/CAC.html#wp902617

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Would it also work if I created varios regions and locations routegroups/route list and device pools with just one gateway?

example

Region=hq (g711 inside, g729 to all othe region

location=hq (unlimited bandwidth)

route group / route list for gateway pri port

device pool = HQ_pstn

Region=wan (g729 only)

location=wan (assign max 64kilobits bandwidth for four calls)

route group / route list for gateway wan port

device pool = WAN

Then assign all pstn route patterns to route list that uses the PRI port.

Then assin all wan route pattens to route list that uses wan port.

Again the goal is to limit wan calls and also ensure that wan calls use g729 and lan calls use g711.

please let me know your thoughts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: