Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 bandwidth limitation between the same vlan over the trunk

t4tauseef33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 3750G series switches on the trunk link. some machines are part of vlan1 on the switch 1 and some machines are the part of the same vlan1 on the other switch2. I need to limit the bandwidth between the switches for the vlan1. picture is attached.

I tried to do through the modulare policy frame work (class-map/service-map and policy-map using the police command) but problems are

1) 3750 does not support output service policy, so i cannot apply the policy on the output of the trunk link.

2) I can apply the input policy but it will be only for one machine but not for the others on the same switch. if i apply the policy on per port basis then every port has separate bw limitation. I require to limit the bandwidth on per vlan basis on the trunk port. like vlan 1 takes 10 MB, VLAN2 takes 10 MB on the trunk link when communicating between the same vlans.

Is there any solution for that scenario? your help in this case will be higly appriciated. As its the layer 2 communication, its hard for me to find the solution. if it was layer 3 then i can do it easily by using the rate-limit commmand on the interface.

thanks

1 Reply 1

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Not sure of the answer here - this isn't really a VPN question. You might want to re-post this to the Network Infrastructure - LAN, switching, and routing forum.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card