cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voip dialpeer question

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

Were testing/learing in our lab. We have one router running CME connected to another router over ethernet running as h323 gateway and connected to a call manager. On the near side CME router, in the voip dial-peers that point to the other side, do you put the session target ip as the far side router ip? Or the IP of the callmanager?

thanks in advance,

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could do this either way assuming you have IP connectivity to both the H.323 gateway and to Callmanager. If you point it to the gateway, you will need inbound and outbound dial peers as well as the following:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

If you point the dial peer to Callmanager, you will need to setup either a gateway or a trunk in Callmanager to point to the CME. Callmanager will not accept incoming connections from unknown devices.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thank you. Still can't get calls to callmanager phones from CME phones, but I can call CME phones from callmanager.

On both routers I have incomfing voip dial peers. I have voice service voip allow-connections h323 to h323.

Do I need to setup an MTP and select fast start under Callmanager gateway settings? I have CCM to accept 4 digits, which is all the cme phone is sending.

Any ideas?

thanks for your help.

So, are calls from CME going through the other gateway or directly to Callmanager? Can you post your configs?

Brandon

The way I have it and the way I need it, is for CME outbound dial-peer to point to h323 gateway that's connected to callmanager. Attached are configs.

thanks again, the end result is the router that is attached to the callmanager will be put into production and we need to route voip calls to many locations. some of those would be A CME and some would be a pbx hanging off a cisco router on the other end.

Brandon, more info. When I do a debug voipdialpeer on the CME, I see it selects the correct dial-peer.

I then go to the router connected to callmanager and it too selects appropriate dial-peer to route number to call manager.

for testing i'm keeping it simple. cme phones need to call 5889 which is a phone on callmanager. And callmanager phone needs to call 911 which is a cme phone.

again, callmanager phones can call cme phones. When I call from cme to 5889 I get anunciator "your call cannot be completed as dialed".

thanks

Make sure the Calling Search Space assigned to the gateway in Callmanager config has access to the partition assigned to 5889.

Brandon

That was it. Can you tell me what partitions the pstn_css I assigned to the gateway should have? i added the phones_pt and I can now ring from CME over to callmanager phones.

Also, for voicemail. What access to phones need? just vmpilot or also to vm ports and mwi?

thanks for all your help.

If calls coming into the gateway will only be directed to internal DNs, then a CSS with access to only these DNs will be sufficient. I assume the phones_pt partition is assigned to your internal DNs. If calls will come into the gateway and be directed back out the gateway to a PSTN number, the CSS will need access to the partition(s) assigned to the necessary route patterns.

Phones should be capable of calling the VM pilot DN and the MWI DNs. They do not need to be able to dial VM ports directly.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: