cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload/modify files via TFTP for UCM 6.1

telcorinc
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon. I'm trying to limit the amount of ring tones there are available for my users. I know that I'm supposed to modify the Ringlist.xml file, but I don't know how to get to it (my experience comes from Cisco 3.X and 4.X, in other words Windows based systems). I know that it should be in the default TFTP directory, but I know neither how to get there or how to modify files once I'm there. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Did you do Step 5 (from the doc I sent?)

To cache the new Ringlist.xml file, stop and start the TFTP service by using Cisco Unified Serviceability or disable and re-enable the "Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup" TFTP service parameter (located in the Advanced Service Parameters).

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob, it did. Thank you. I had to change it up a little bit to get the contents of the file (copying from the SSH session instead of the SFTP directory), but after I got the XML file local everything went well and the new Ringlist.xml file is uploaded onto the server.

I think this goes without saying, there are a few differences between Windows and Linux :-). My days of C:\Program Files for CUCM are now over...

James

So after changing the Ringlist.xml, the phones still show all the default ringers still available. Restarting and resetting the phones don't trigger the new list? Could I have put it in the wrong location? Or maybe not overwritten the old file correctly?

James

Hi James,

Did you do Step 5 (from the doc I sent?)

To cache the new Ringlist.xml file, stop and start the TFTP service by using Cisco Unified Serviceability or disable and re-enable the "Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup" TFTP service parameter (located in the Advanced Service Parameters).

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob I apologize. I was looking at the other documentation link you sent me and didn't go back to look at the other one.

I kept going in on SSH and looking at the XML file just puzzled as to why the new one wasn't showing up on the phones.

I will give the TFTP service restart a try. Thanks again for your help.

James

Hey James,

No need to apologize my friend :) We'll get this working!

Take care,

Rob

The new Ringlist.xml works great (the service restart did the trick). I marked your comment above as the solution.

Thanks for your help and the speedy responses!

James

Hi James,

You are most welcome :) Glad to be of some small help here.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: