cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to backup access points radio setting (channel, power values)

robetrem
Level 1
Level 1

From my experiment (vers 4.1.85) it seem that AP keep in his NVRAM (lwapp_ap.cfg) some values which include the radio setting. Suppose somebody do a bad changes, like activating RRM for a particular radio, it can erase all the fixed values for all the AP in a few seconds.

From what I can see, I don't think controller backup could help in anything for restoring those values. AP will bring with him his NVRAM values. My only thought is to create many AP-Template having my fixed values and to be prepare to run them as restoring backup for AP !

Am I wrong and something easier exist ?

2 Replies 2

john.preves
Level 4
Level 4

I take my survey data and generate excel spreadsheets, which serve as my 'backup' and also the database to merge into a report document. This info is saved in several locations as well as printed so no one thing can crash and delete everything.

Paranoia isn't so bad once you get used to it.

You are right that the backup willnot save the ap channela nd power. It saves the configuration of the WLC. What you can do is when you have decided that the ap's have the best power and channel setting for your environment is to click on the wireless tab and 802.11a/n and cut and paste that to a spreadsheet and do the same for the 802.11b/g/n. You can also screen shot that and paste that into a doc. If you do a show run-config or a show running-config, that will have the ap values set at that time. Hope this helps.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: