cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove "Please Wait While I Transfer Your Call." Unity Connection 2.1

paulc
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Unity Connection 2.1 on a CallManager BE 6.0. We have customers call into an auto attendant. During the day we have the call transfer directly to a hunt group. At night we give the customers options to dial a number or leave a message in a general mailbox. The problem is that during the day when the transfer to the hunt group happens the customer hear the "Please wait while I transfer your call" system message. In earlier versions of Unity and Unity Connection I can disable that with a check box. TAC sees this as a bug, but does not have any workaround. Can someone tell me the name of the file and how I can replace it with a 2 second blank recording?

Cisco Bug ID CSCsl46162

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

Here is the original answer to this from Jeff Lindborg (for older Unity versions);

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=954260DAF47CF5E51301AC674F51C0DB.SJ5A?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@.ee8253b/1#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I saw that, my problem is that Unity Connection 2.1 is on a linux server and I don't have any directions on what the file name is on Unity Connection or what I would need to do to replace the file on a linux system.

Paul

CUC 2.0 does not have an option to turn off this conversation. There is only an

unsupported way to do this. It is not supported by BU or TAC. If customer does this, and they install any patches, or

upgrades, it will put the wav file back in and they will have to do the manual process

again.

You will have to get a root access password to access the system from a command prompt to

do the workaround.

The "wait while I transfer your call" prompt is still AvPhGreetENU005.wav - you can find

it in this

path:

/opt/cisco/connection/share/prompts/ENU/PCM/PHGreet/

A handy blank prompt can be found here:

/opt/cisco/connection/share/prompts/ENU/PCM/AddrSearch/AvAddrSearchENU002.wav

Connection still gets unhappy like Unity does when prompts go missing - so remember to

copy over it with a blank, don't just yank it.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED AND WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY INSTALL ANY PATCHES ON THE CUC SERVER

Hello,

How do I get to this directory? Using UCM 6.1 I am unfamiliar with how to browse to this directory, and have been unable to find these particular files (my experience is based off of Windows UCM versions 3 and 4). Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

I think the problem here is what Gonz referred to, and that is the need for the root password (Linux) to try and get at this prompt. I have not seen anyone actually accomplish this with UC 2.x :( I think if you could wait until UC 7.x which currently in EFT this ability is built-in like Unity 4.2 and 5.x. I think UC 7.0 will be out in Q3 - 2008.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Well, unfortunately my system with UC 2.x is live, so I can't really wait for the new.

From looking at a lot of the other posts on this subject I have seen the directory structure where the wav file is. I know it isn't Cisco supported, but putting the wav file of silence in its place seems like the best option for me. My only problem is I'm a little confused with how to get there. Any suggestions on navigating the command line?

James

Hi sir,

how can I do it under unity connection 1.x?Thanks

Hi Zhang,

Because you are running UC 1.x (windows) you can use the method listed in the first post with an excellent explanation from Unity Architect Jeff Lindborg. Please read his notes carefully in regards to TAC support and future upgrades :)

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=954260DAF47CF5E51301AC674F51C0DB.SJ5A?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@.ee8253b/1#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Edit: Zhang, I see the link did not paste properly so please just copy it and paste it into your browser search.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: