cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable standard / default Cisco message

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

How is it possible to disable the standard or default Cisco system message in Cisco Unity? When someone is going to record a voicemail, you hear a default Cisco message "Please enter your message after the piep". How is it possible to disable this for (1) one user and (2) the whole system?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sana

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sana,

In Unity web admin, go to Subscribers and choose the subscriber. Click Greetings on the left. Check the box that says "Do not play the "Record your message at the tone" prompt". You can check this box on a subscriber template so that new subscribers created with this template will have the setting. You can also use Bulk Edit in the Tools Depot to set it for existing subscribers.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Dear Brandon,

Thanks for your quick reply. I can't find the option(s) you mentioned. Maybe because I got the following version of Unity:

Cisco Unity Connection

Cisco Unity Connection version: 1.2(1)

I will be very thankful if you can guide me through the options.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sana

It is not possible to disable the message in Unity Connection 2.0 so I presume that the same is true of 1.2 as well.

The next release of Unity Connection will apparently allow this to be disabled.

I got around this issue for one customer by using Interview Handlers with one question and a blank prompt. This was ok for the limited number of shared mailboxes that they had but is not scalable for every user.

Hi Jamesha,

Can you say a bit more about the work-around you did for your customer? I'm intend to do this for a couple of users. I didn't understand the "... by using Interview Handlers with one question and a blank prompt".

Thanks.

Regards,

Sana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: