CCNA Exploration Issues...

Unanswered Question
Apr 4th, 2008

I've just started the 2nd course of the CCNA Exploration 4.0 through a fast-track program at my local post-secondary institution which will remain nameless.

I am very disappointed with the sheer amount of "trivia" information in regards to certain subjects offered by the on-line curriculum.

At first, before starting this program, I thought that it would be cool. Now, I think that the on-line format, coupled with sharing a lab with 3-4 other classes, make "hands-on" learning a real challenge to the point almost a joke.

I guess the persistence and possible success that one might gain would probably allow one to "tout" the benefits of being "cisco" certified.

Even though apparently we are granted a 500% more time (through homework and weekends, and interruptions in the classroom) than comparable business course delivery systems, it seems quite the preposterous notion that one will actually find the time, short of abandoning all of one's other essential responsibilities such as family, community, etc... for this rather "intense" Cisco brainwashing period of time.

I've spoke with my instructor who reiterated the specs with me. However, in order to protect the innocent or guilty, he will remain nameless.

Any suggestions on how to get through this "bastion" of "excruciating detail" coupled with "packet tracer" complexities and lab disorderliness would be great appreciated.

I've now got a critical situation where I need to determine how much "extra" study I need or want to do to pass the practical and theoretical parts of the exam. Feeling rushed doesn't help, and really, how much EIGRP does one really need to know?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion