Replies

Vlan problem with Cat6500 SUP-32

michelerossi
Level 1
Level 1

I' ve configured into a cat6500 2 vlan layer3:

vlan 12: 192.168.0.1/24

vlan 16: 172.16.0.1/24

I've associated into the switch some ports into the vlan 12 with "switchport access valn 12" command and other ports into a vlan 16 with "switchport access valn 16" command.

If I attach My Pc with ip address 192.168.0.2/24 into a port associated in the Vlan 16, I succeed to ping the other Pc connected into the ports associated in the Vlan12 correctly with the class 192.168.0.x.

If I do a "show vlan", my port is associated into a vlan 16,while if i do "show arp", I see that the port is associated int a Vlan 12:

Internet 192.168.0.2 0 0012.3f0f.da5d ARPA Vlan12.

How is it possible ?

A vlan is a broadcast domain and I can do This with interVlan Switching if I attached my pc in the correct port associated in my vlan 12.

I don't see my network ip addresses If i connect my Pc in a port associated into another Vlan.

Best Regards

Michele

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Probably You must reload th switches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Can u post sh run

Thanks

Mahmood

The real topology is this:

I' ve two cisco WS-C6504-E connected to a Port-channel and they have configured with GLBP. But I've the same problem if I isolated one WS-C6504-E and My pc is attached into this Catalyst.

i put in shutdown the port-channel and I clear GLBP in this switch and I've the same problem.

I attached the configurations.

Best Regards

Probably You must reload th switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card