cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 421 Call handler

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a DN which i have assigned to a unity server. I want to activate a call handler on that dn, but I am missing something because the unity server just plays opening greeting. how do I tie a call handler into a DN? thanks

5 Replies 5

First you have to make a CTI route point with the DN in question. Once that is created, set the DN to call forward all to voicemail, which will get the call over to Unity. I'm assuming that you already created the call handler in Unity w/the DN in question.

the doc helped alot. the doc mentions forwarding to the first unity vm port, still have some grey areas about that. I will play around. Thanks again for your help.

Hello, thanks for the quick response. I already have the cti rt pt, and dn forwarded to vm. Unity answers, but plays opening greeting , does not route to call handler. Basically, I am in the middle of consolidating unity boxes, and need to redo the logic on this new one. The CM piece is not changing.

I suspect your unity side configuration is not complete. Pls check the following configuration in unity too.

1. create a call handler where you want the call to be routed.

2. Create a call "forward" call routing rule as follows.

Go to call routing > forwarding rule > and do the following configuration on this page

1. configure call routing name

2. forwarded station = CTI route point number

3. send caller to : call handler ( that you configured" with " send to greeting for" checked while selecting your call handler

After checking both call manager and unity side config, look at the call viewer while making call.

If in the call viewer, forwarding station is your CTI route point and routing rule's config is correct, call will definitely be forwarded to your call handler.

Right now its going to unity's opening greeting because of incorect routing rule's config or no routing rule. Unity does not know where to direct the call that is coming forwarded from cti route point so its sending that to opening greeting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: