cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

fieldj
Level 1
Level 1

i am running 6.0 and i would like to upgrade to the latest build of 6.1 I would like to have the ability to switch back to version 6.0 if i need to. The issue is that you can't upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 ES build directly. You need to use the initial release of 6.1 then upgrade to the latest ES. Once i upgrade to the latest ES i will lose the ability to switch back to a 6.0 version. What can i do about this?

Jim

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately as you mention you can only have 1 level below the current version to go back, so there is no way to have it as you want to switch between 6.0 and a 6.1 ES version, you will only get to switch to the base 6.1 version and the ES version

if for whatever reason you feel you might need to go back to the 6.0 version make a backup of it before doing the upgrade.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

so there is no way that TAC can send me a file to upgrade directly to 6.1.1.2105 from 6.0?

Jim

the fact is that in many cases there are no such files, that's why you need to install the base version and then apply the ES.

the same applies if you need to install a new server on a cluster where there is an ES, you get the option to apply an SR or ES during the install for this same reason. but you need to initiate the install with the base version DVD and then apply the patch.

if DEV does not creates such files there is no way TAC can provide them

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

[quote]the same applies if you need to install a new server on a cluster where there is an ES, you get the option to apply an SR or ES during the install for this same reason. but you need to initiate the install with the base version DVD and then apply the patch.[/quote]

How does this work on an existing build and you need to apply an ES.

I can find no sensible documentation?

Rebuilding a cluster to apply an ES can't be right?

So, How does one apply an ES he has in ISO format, burnt to a CD?

go to the OS admin and apply the patch from there

there's a menu in there to do that

upgrade/patch should be the option

and there is a place where you can find the information on how to do this, it's the README file.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi Neil,

You can access the patch file from either a local disk (CD or DVD) or from a remote FTP or TFTP server.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpch7.html#wp1052939

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: