Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant connect to wireless 877 router - see config

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm ready to give up on this :)

I have a Cisco 877w DSL router. I can access the Internet fine via ethernet, but I have tried to configure wireless on the router but can't connect to it. When I browse the wireless networks I can see it (ssid MyN3t), but when I try connect to it I don't get prompted for the WPA password.

My ISO is the latest c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T4

Config attached, I hope you can help!

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Please go through this Cisco 800 Series Routers Troubleshoot and Alerts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/tsd_products_support_troubleshoot_and_alerts.html

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

Actually, from what I've found, configuring those is a bit trickier than regular routers. Unfortunately because of the way our Proxy serves are configured, I can't see attachments, so I don't know what your config is... However, the basics are quite simple if you think about it...

What you want is for your wireless and your wired connections to be in the same subnet. Normally put the IP address on the Ethernet interface of a router for the LAN. But then how does the wireless get on the same subnet? VLAN's? This router does have a VLAN interface for putting the IP on for its shared ethernet ports, but AP's use "BVI" interfaces and that's the key... "BVI" is Bridge Virtual Interface.

Set up a "BVI 1" interface and put your LAN IP address on that instead of the VLAN interface.

interface BVI1

description $ES_LAN$

ip address 10.X.X.X AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD

no ip route-cache

Then, put your Do0 interface and VLAN 1 interface on bridge-group 1

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

!

interface Vlan1

no ip address

no ip route-cache

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

And you should be all set. If your wired network works, your wireless should, that is assuming you have your WPA set up right... We're using this with EAP-FAST, so I can't help you with that part!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card