Replies

REG : Authorization code

ciscotech4u
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

System Verion :CCM 5.1.3

System Architecture: 1 Pub 2 Subscriber

For accounting Purpose we need to give different Authorization Code to the users having international dialing access.

As far as i know Authorization code for outgoing calls can be configured on international Dialing pattern ..but how can i confiure a different Authorizaion code for Different managers. In our organization almost 200 managers, iam not able to figure out how to do map different authorization code for each manager using same international dial pattern.

Please guide?

Rgds,khan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Khan,

It is important to remember that the FAC Codes are not entered against a user in the user or device profile in CCM. Once the code is created it must be given to the user and is not to be shared (much like a PIN or Password). These FAC Codes are created but not linked to the Manager anywhere in the Database so you will need to keep a reference in excel or some form of documentation.

Adding Forced Authorization Codes

After you design your FAC implementation, you enter authorization codes either in Cisco CallManager Administration or through the Cisco Bulk Administration Tool (BAT). Consider using BAT for large batches of authorization codes; the comma separated values (CSV) file in BAT serves as a blueprint for authorization codes, corresponding names, and corresponding levels. For future reference, make sure that you update your dial plan documents or keep a printout of the CSV file with your dial plan documents.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Khan,

You are almost there :)

The FAC Code is not applied at the Route Patern Level, the FAC for the individual managers will include the **Authorization Level (for each Route Pattern) which allows International Calling. So you can create many codes that have references to different Authorization Levels.

To implement FAC, you must devise a list of authorization levels and corresponding descriptions to define the levels. You must specify authorization levels in the range of 0 to 255. Cisco allows authorization levels to be arbitrary, so you define what the numbers mean for your organization. The Authorization level is what is applied at the Route Pattern Level.

Enabling Forced Authorization Codes for Route Patterns

Perform the following steps to enable FACs for route patterns:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco CallManager Administration, choose Route Plan > Route/Hunt > Route Pattern.

Step 2 Perform one of the following tasks:

•To update an existing route pattern, enter search criteria in the Find and List Route Pattern window

•To add a new route pattern, refer to "Route Pattern Configuration" in the Cisco CallManager Administration Guide.

Step 3 In the Route Pattern Configuration window, check the Require Forced Authorization Code check box.

Step 4 In the **Authorization Level field, enter the authorization level for the route pattern. The number that you specify in this field determines the minimum authorization level that is needed to successfully route a call through this route pattern.

To add a small number of authorization codes in Cisco CallManager Administration, perform the following steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco CallManager Administration, choose Feature > Forced Authorization Code.

Step 2 In the upper, right corner of the window, click the link, Add a New Forced Authorization Code.

Step 3 Configure the authorization codes by using the configuration settings in Table (Below)

Configuration Settings for FAC

Authorization Code Name

Enter a unique name that is no more than 50 characters. This name ties the authorization code to a specific user or group of users; this name displays in the CDRs for calls that use this code.

Authorization Code

Enter a unique authorization code that is no more than 16 digits. The user enters this code when the user places a call through a FAC-enabled route pattern.

Authorization Level

Enter a three-digit authorization level that exists in the range of 0 to 255; the default equals 0. The level that you assign to the authorization code determines whether the user can route calls through FAC-enabled route patterns. To successfully route a call, the user authorization level must equal or be greater than the authorization level that is specified for the route pattern for the call.

Step 4 Click Insert.

Step 5 Repeat Step 2 through Step 4 to add all authorization codes.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3af7.html#wp1052254

Hope this helps!

Rob

dear Rob,

thanks. i create Authorization level 10.and give authorization code as 665577. works fine for outgoing internation call. No issues.

but my problem is , there are 200 managers and company wants to give different authorization code(password) for outgoing international calls. as i have a single Route pattern for outgoing international calls how i will map 200 authorization code (passwords) for single route pattern ?

do i need to configure under each managers Phone settings ? but there is no such settings as i am lookign right now..

i hope i am clear about my issue.

Rgds,khan

Hi Khan,

It is important to remember that the FAC Codes are not entered against a user in the user or device profile in CCM. Once the code is created it must be given to the user and is not to be shared (much like a PIN or Password). These FAC Codes are created but not linked to the Manager anywhere in the Database so you will need to keep a reference in excel or some form of documentation.

Adding Forced Authorization Codes

After you design your FAC implementation, you enter authorization codes either in Cisco CallManager Administration or through the Cisco Bulk Administration Tool (BAT). Consider using BAT for large batches of authorization codes; the comma separated values (CSV) file in BAT serves as a blueprint for authorization codes, corresponding names, and corresponding levels. For future reference, make sure that you update your dial plan documents or keep a printout of the CSV file with your dial plan documents.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yup Got the clarity ..thanks

Hi Khan,

You are most welcome :) I have always thought that this process would be much better if the FAC were actually entered against the User Profile in CCM, but maybe someday.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: