Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 e&m signaling

silviofls
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm integrating a CISCO router with a Phillips PBX, wich doesn't support PRI. The responsible for the PBX asked to me to configure the router with e&m, signaling on bit-b, idle=1. I tried to adjust it but the channels does not work. Has anybody some idea? Thank you!

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likely, they are using E1 R2. Try an E1 R2 config for Brazil.

Hi!

I can't. The router has ISDN (PRI) and the various options for e&m (immediate, wink...), but does not support R2. At the other side, PBX does have everything except ISDN.

So, I have to use e&m.

Regards,

Silvio

Hi!

I can't. The router has ISDN (PRI) and the various options for e&m (immediate, wink...), but does not support R2. At the other side, PBX does have everything except ISDN.

So, I have to use e&m.

Regards,

Silvio

Which router do you have that doesn't support R2? All the cisco ones do.

An old MC3810.

Sorry, you are out of luck then. All non-PRI E1 connections are in fact, E1 R2.

No. I've made the MC3810-V3 witch a lot of PBX (Ericsson, Siemens...) here using w&m immediate-start, wink-start... The problem is identifying the adjusts required for the PBX. I need to translate signalling on bit-b with idle=1 to CISCO voice-port configuration.

You can do certain settings in cas-custom. Be aware that sometime what the PBX technicians say, comes out not to be true after all. Eg, never heard of any CAS that uses B-bit to indicate channel seized.

Paolo,

thank you for your help. To set these bits, should I use commands "define"?

voice-port 1:0

define Tx-bits idle 0111

define Tx-bits seize 1011

define Rx-bits idle 0111

define Rx-bits seize 1011

no ignore rx-b-bit

Is this the method to configure it?

Thank you!

Yes. The 3810 has different syntax so you are right there is no cas-custom command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: