cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this a Lease line or Frame-relay?

sengkhoon
Level 1
Level 1

My telco Verizon told me that the link between my CE and PE is a lease line but my CE router is using encapsulation frame-relay configuration. My question to verizon is that is this a frame-relay circuit or lease line? They replied is a lease line but encapsulated with frame-relay. But my question to them is if is a lease line then how come I cannot use PPP or HDLC? and frame-relay is using DLCI circuit but lease line is not so how can this be a lease line? They did not reply my question on this. My next question is since this is a lease line then I can configure it with PPP or HDLC. They replied can, but I need to submit a change for the PE router too. The frame-relay is a standard configuration verizon used to connect between my PE and CE all over my downstream routers and then connected to MPLS cloud. I really hope to find out how is it possible to configure a frame-relay configuration with a lease line? Even on the CCIE lab, you still need a Frame-relay switch in between to make frame-relay works so how can this be a lease line circuit. I do not have proof to make my concepts right but I really hope to find out more. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This same question is posted on the WAN Routing and Switching forum where it has received several responses. I suggest that any further discussion be consolidated in the WAN forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card