Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0 - Viewing Encyrpted Passwords in Archived Configurations

cbajelis
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 2.6 / RME 4.0.5

Within the RME shadow directory, I am able to view device passwords stored locally, in their encrypted form.

However, if I view a config via any of the RME GUI's, the passwords are munged and appear only as ******

Ideally, I'd like the raw view via the RME or Device Centre GUI to be an accurate reflection of the configuration and replicate what can be seen in the shadow directory.

Please understand, I'm not wanting to view the passwords in clear text, their encrypted format is fine and infinitely more helpful than a bunch of asterisks.

Despite having full administrative rights both locally and via ACS, I haven't been able to find any appropriate permissions that I can alter to enable this, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or otherwise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not directly possible. However, if you are viewing the config, you can click on the Edit button which will bring up the Config Editor. Each credential will be seen in the lower pane as as hyperlinked asterisks. If you click on the hyperlinks, you will see the credential as it appears on the device.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not directly possible. However, if you are viewing the config, you can click on the Edit button which will bring up the Config Editor. Each credential will be seen in the lower pane as as hyperlinked asterisks. If you click on the hyperlinks, you will see the credential as it appears on the device.

Thanks, that seems like a useable work-around.