cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Access to IP Phones

spangdahlemcco
Level 1
Level 1

We are using private addresses for our IP Phones. We cannot connect via web access to the phones that are using private IP addresses. We under LAN Settings on the computer we have checked bypass proxy for local sites, and we have made sure that the phone is set for web access in the call manager admin. Web Access to phones using public space works without problems. What else do we need to do?

8 Replies 8

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Have you verified that you can ping the devices you are trying to view the web page on? And if you can ping it, is their some type of firewall in place between your end and the phone end maybe blocking http?

Yes I make phone calls to that phone no problem, my management just wants me to get web access working. There shouldn't be a firewall in between me and the phone considering the two devices are on the same VTP domain, just different VLANS. The firewalls that have deployed are at a much higher level.

since you are on 2 different vlans (voice/data) call to call would be on different subnets than if you were to ping the device. From your pc, verify you can ping the device. Verify you dont have any ACL or Vlan maps applied at the switch level.

Also I just did six yrs in the USAF. Beale CA.

The ping went through great(<1ms each time), also I did a "show vlan access-map" at the switch level and didn't get anything.

Good to see you landed on your feet after the military. I know I am looking forward to they day that I can get out. That money is looking way to good right now. Thanks for any help.

Hmm if you can ping it, not sure why the page does not come up. What type of error do you get in your browser? Also from ccm can you look at the phone's page from there?

I am sure that when your time comes, there will be some opportunities for you.

The opportunities are already there, I am just waiting on separation.

No problem getting to the phone's page, that is how I know that the web access option is enabled. There isn't an error message associated with the issue, it just times out.

If you can get to it from the ccm, and you can ping it I would think it's one of two things. First like suggested before an ACL blocking port 80 or a firewall.

We don't have any internal ACL's. I am not sure what else it could be but I am leaning towards a problem internally within the CCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: