Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME with DID

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir

I wanted to know that how CCME works with DID. actually i have CCME (2821 with 30 extenions using 4xxx as a internal number). and using 1 pri on my router how can i traminate external calls to my internal ip phones ,as each internal agent has its own phone number.

could u plz deifne me and send me any configuration file for PRI for this purpose.

thanks

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two methods: translation-rule and dialplan-pattern. The first is more powerful, the second easier to configure (single command)\

In both cases you need to know the format the called number is sent, to do that, take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" for an incoming call.

After that you configure accordingly to the above.

I did one a little differently. My DID range didn't match my extension number scheme so I did this:

ephone-dn 100

mailbox-selection last-redirect-num

number 491

name Incoming DID

call-forward all 104

All calls that come in with digits 491 are forwarded to extension 104.

The mailbox-selection last-redirect-num line makes sure the messages get left in the right mailbox if there is no answer. Without that line, messages would be left in mailbox 491 (which doesn't exist in my system).

If you have lots of phones, you wouldn't want to do this, but I had 10 so it was easier than figuring out a translation rule.

Hope that helps.

thanks bolough.

I have one more question ,hope u will not mind.

I have CCM 6.x in my headoffice with internal phones 2xxx (four digit) , and i have my CCME in branch office (internal numbers are 4xxx), i m using h.323 in headoffice, how can headoffice users comuniate with branch office users . do we need dial -peers only towards CCME? and same from branch office to haedoffice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: