Problem with inbound calls

Unanswered Question
Apr 7th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello , Iv an IPT setup consisting of an ISDN PRI terminating on a 3825 configured as MGCP Gateway on Call manager 5.x setup. Calls are coming through(establishing) but there is no sound. Calls dont drop either until graceful disconnected by user. Configs are as attached. Ive not yet tried the outbound configs yet. Please help

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rajesh Revuru Mon, 04/07/2008 - 06:28
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I think you are missing mgcp bind for both control and media, and try this commands

mgcp bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

mgcp bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

Also you can use the following reference guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_mgcp_and_related_protocols_configuration_guide/mgcpcht7.html

adowfille Mon, 04/07/2008 - 07:26
User Badges:

Hi Rajesh,

I ve tried that but no change.

Kind regards

Ayodeji Okanlawon Tue, 04/08/2008 - 04:50
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

can you ping from the VG to the IP phone.

RTP stream will not work unless ICMP is established betwwen VG and IP Phone

jbarcena Mon, 04/07/2008 - 12:31
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Take a CCM detailed trace on the CCM server and a debug mgcp packet on the GW and upload the files. Please include the calling party number, called party number and time of the call.

adowfille Tue, 04/08/2008 - 01:22
User Badges:

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for your response. Please find attached the MGCP debug with comments. Ive activated the trace but dont know how to extract it - Is there any doc on this plaese ?

Attachment: 
adowfille Tue, 04/08/2008 - 23:05
User Badges:

Team,

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance. The problem is actually with clocking. I added 'network-clock-participate slot 1' on the GW and it is now working fine.

Kind Regards

adowfille Tue, 04/08/2008 - 23:09
User Badges:

Jorge,

Thanks alot for your kind assistance. The problem is actually with clocking. I added 'network-clock-participate slot 1' on the GW and it is now working fine.

Kind Regards

Actions

This Discussion