cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with inbound calls

adowfille
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , Iv an IPT setup consisting of an ISDN PRI terminating on a 3825 configured as MGCP Gateway on Call manager 5.x setup. Calls are coming through(establishing) but there is no sound. Calls dont drop either until graceful disconnected by user. Configs are as attached. Ive not yet tried the outbound configs yet. Please help

8 Replies 8

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

I think you are missing mgcp bind for both control and media, and try this commands

mgcp bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

mgcp bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

Also you can use the following reference guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_mgcp_and_related_protocols_configuration_guide/mgcpcht7.html

Hi Rajesh,

I ve tried that but no change.

Kind regards

can you ping from the VG to the IP phone.

RTP stream will not work unless ICMP is established betwwen VG and IP Phone

Please rate all useful posts

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Take a CCM detailed trace on the CCM server and a debug mgcp packet on the GW and upload the files. Please include the calling party number, called party number and time of the call.

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for your response. Please find attached the MGCP debug with comments. Ive activated the trace but dont know how to extract it - Is there any doc on this plaese ?

Here is a document for the traces:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/cm_trace.html

capture the trace and the debug mgcp packet for the same call. Don't forget to include the calling party number and called party number.

Also try a show voip rtp connections on the GW when the call is established.

Team,

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance. The problem is actually with clocking. I added 'network-clock-participate slot 1' on the GW and it is now working fine.

Kind Regards

Jorge,

Thanks alot for your kind assistance. The problem is actually with clocking. I added 'network-clock-participate slot 1' on the GW and it is now working fine.

Kind Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: