CCIE Voice

Answered Question
Apr 7th, 2008

Does anyone know when Cisco plan to intorduce CIsco Unified Communications Manager 6 to the CCIE Voice Track??

It's currently CCM 4.1 (3), but considering that Cisco has introduced CUCM6.x exams for CCVP (CIPT1 and CIPT2).

Replies would be greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by matthewpage about 8 years 7 months ago

Ive been asking this same question. But if this is the case with the six months why arent they using call manager 5/5.1?

This is a bit of a joke from cisco because if your planning on starting the voice track you have no idea what to start practicing with.

matt

Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 8 years 7 months ago

Hi Ayo,

Good question :) Cisco must give 6 months notice when changing the Version to be tested. Most people think the announcement will come at June 1 ,2008 with the actual change taking place January 1,2009.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/lab_equipment.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 0 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
matthewpage Mon, 04/07/2008 - 10:49

Ive been asking this same question. But if this is the case with the six months why arent they using call manager 5/5.1?

This is a bit of a joke from cisco because if your planning on starting the voice track you have no idea what to start practicing with.

matt

ayo.monehin Wed, 04/09/2008 - 23:18

Thanks guys. I guess you can't do much planning till Cisco actually come out to let us know what's up their sleeves.

As Bob pointed out, Cisco should give some notice.

I heard some changes were made to the IE Security track some time ago; does anyone know how that was implemented?

Matt, I totally agree with you because. I'm planning to attempt the IE Voice track in the coming months, however I'm at a cross-road between CCM 4.x and CUCM 6.x.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ayo

I passed my CCIE Voice at my 1st attempt in May 2009, so marking this as answered!!!! :-)

Actions

This Discussion