cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE Voice

ayo.monehin
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know when Cisco plan to intorduce CIsco Unified Communications Manager 6 to the CCIE Voice Track??

It's currently CCM 4.1 (3), but considering that Cisco has introduced CUCM6.x exams for CCVP (CIPT1 and CIPT2).

Replies would be greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ayo,

Good question :) Cisco must give 6 months notice when changing the Version to be tested. Most people think the announcement will come at June 1 ,2008 with the actual change taking place January 1,2009.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/lab_equipment.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

Ive been asking this same question. But if this is the case with the six months why arent they using call manager 5/5.1?

This is a bit of a joke from cisco because if your planning on starting the voice track you have no idea what to start practicing with.

matt

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ayo,

Good question :) Cisco must give 6 months notice when changing the Version to be tested. Most people think the announcement will come at June 1 ,2008 with the actual change taking place January 1,2009.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/lab_equipment.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Ive been asking this same question. But if this is the case with the six months why arent they using call manager 5/5.1?

This is a bit of a joke from cisco because if your planning on starting the voice track you have no idea what to start practicing with.

matt

ayo.monehin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys. I guess you can't do much planning till Cisco actually come out to let us know what's up their sleeves.

As Bob pointed out, Cisco should give some notice.

I heard some changes were made to the IE Security track some time ago; does anyone know how that was implemented?

Matt, I totally agree with you because. I'm planning to attempt the IE Voice track in the coming months, however I'm at a cross-road between CCM 4.x and CUCM 6.x.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ayo

I passed my CCIE Voice at my 1st attempt in May 2009, so marking this as answered!!!! :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: