Views
Helpful
Replies

"show ip cache flow" cisco 12000 and 7606 netflow differences

cavemancanada
Level 1
Level 1

* bump *

I was used to running the command "execute-on [slot] show ip cache flow" on our cisco 12000s. We have upgraded to 7606s and now if you pipe for a particular IP address or for a particular slot, the cache flows halt, and do not display the netflows as well as on the 12000s. Also, I can only use the command "show ip cache flow" as opposed to the "execute-on [slot]" addition before.

Anything that can be done? or is this just a limitation of the 7606s.

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Netflow will only monitor traffic that is CEF/Fast-switched. However, to make sure try entering the following command to your monitored interfaces:

Router(config-if)#ip route-cache.

router(config-if)#ip route-cache will enable fast switching, which is enough for Netflow. You can also use router(config-if)#ip route-cache cef

for enabling CEF as though. This will show in your output

Below URL which will help you for the net flow :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netflow/command/reference/nf_01.html

Hi,

I am looking for some commands in Router - Where I can find the traffic flowing back and forth.

In firewall - we have [show conn] command where I can see the source and destination block with the proper information of PORTS that are using. But in router I can only get the source/destination network block - but no PORT information. I tried with flow and accounting command.

Can anybody tell if there is any router(3845 or 2821) command where I can get the traffic flow information along with PORT information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Adnan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card