Views
Helpful
Replies

"show ip cache flow" cisco 12000 and 7606 netflow differences

cavemancanada
Level 1
Level 1

* bump *

I was used to running the command "execute-on [slot] show ip cache flow" on our cisco 12000s. We have upgraded to 7606s and now if you pipe for a particular IP address or for a particular slot, the cache flows halt, and do not display the netflows as well as on the 12000s. Also, I can only use the command "show ip cache flow" as opposed to the "execute-on [slot]" addition before.

Anything that can be done? or is this just a limitation of the 7606s.

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Netflow will only monitor traffic that is CEF/Fast-switched. However, to make sure try entering the following command to your monitored interfaces:

Router(config-if)#ip route-cache.

router(config-if)#ip route-cache will enable fast switching, which is enough for Netflow. You can also use router(config-if)#ip route-cache cef

for enabling CEF as though. This will show in your output

Below URL which will help you for the net flow :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netflow/command/reference/nf_01.html

Hi,

I am looking for some commands in Router - Where I can find the traffic flowing back and forth.

In firewall - we have [show conn] command where I can see the source and destination block with the proper information of PORTS that are using. But in router I can only get the source/destination network block - but no PORT information. I tried with flow and accounting command.

Can anybody tell if there is any router(3845 or 2821) command where I can get the traffic flow information along with PORT information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Adnan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: