cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Separated from Callmanager Across the WAN

mikenipp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am in the process of moving my callmanager servers to another data center. I have to temporarily leave the IPCC Express server where it is for a couple months.

My question is what are the network SLA requirements for IPCC to be separated from Callmanager? I have looked through the SRND's for information about this but cannot find anything.

Also, does IPCC mark its own DSCP values? I was looking at a network capture and it looks like everything form the IPCC server is marked 0.

The WAN is 50MB with ~40ms RTTs. I have been able to successfully cluster CCM across the WAN with no problems but am finding little information on IPCC. All I've heard is "don't separate IPCC from the publisher".

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

from the UCCX SRND

The Unified CM servers running CTI Managers with which Unified CCX will communicate must

be located in the same campus LAN as the CRS Engine servers. The available bandwidth for these LAN links should always be considerably higher than the load, and there should be no steady-state congestion, and the maximum round-trip delay between the servers should be less than 2 ms. Other Unified CM nodes within the same Unified CM cluster can be located across the WAN in a Unified CM cluster split over the WAN. In such deployments, the WAN requirements that are described in

Cisco Unified Communications SRND must be satisfied.

it may work but it's very likely that you will get delay in all the actions if you do not meet the above 2 ms limit.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks! Is the 2ms rule you talked about documented anywhere?

i took it from here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/product_implementation_design_guide0900aecd805fee5e.pdf

it's the UCCX 4.1 SRND, i really don't recall exactly which page but i think it was under the deployment models section

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: