Views
Helpful
Replies

hunt group configuration and unity connection

franco.dilalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have to resolve a little trouble with hunt group configuration and unity connection. I searched in this forum a solution for my problem but I just found only some similar treads and discussions.

So, We currently use:

callmanager 6.1

unity connection 2.1

What I want to achive:

When a call reach on a number this call should redirect to Unity greeting message and after this greeting, the call should work up to the line group.

If no answer or all the operator are busy, the call come back to unity and go on Hold until someone answer a call or caller hang up.

This is my implementation:

I've configured a hunt group configuration, which triggers a hunt list, containing one line group with two DNs.

When a call reach on a number this call is redirect to Unity greeting through a direct roles and go to a call handler with greeting message.

After greeting, the call is transfered to another call handler with transfer option to the line group number.

The problem:

If there is only one call, the system works fine.

If there is two calls, there are some message like this:

- the number is busy or there is an hold call, and after few seconds, if the caller is still on hold, Unity asks whether the caller wants to continue holding, to leave a message, or to try another extension. If the caller does not press 1 to continue holding, press 2 to leave a message, or dial another extension, the caller will be transferred back to the Opening Greeting.

I think this is a default settings of Unity.

I would like to change this, I would like to leave the caller in queue without transfer it to opening greeting.

In what way I can achive this? Is better a call handler with transfer option to line group or a subscriber with line group extension.

Thanks a lot

frank

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

I think the problem is the "Error Greeting" setting in the Call Handler. By default, if no key is pressed the call is routed to the Error Greeting (Opening Greeting in most defaults) You can tweak this setting to route back to the same Call Handler instead;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a00806557c6.shtml#maintask1

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddaf9d9

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I changed my error greeting to route the call to my call handler but with two call in queue, the seconds go in opening greeting.

I send a port events.

have you an example of what I have to do with my unity conn.

thanks a lot

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: