Views
Helpful
Replies

full internet routes in MPLS-VRF

llongb1
Level 1
Level 1

hi~ all

I just have some confused , whether it's good way load full internet routes in MPLS VRF , which there's no any service routing in core network but topology routing . but there's dual upstream ISP connecting ASBR , I'm afraid if I load these two full internet routes into VRF on 7600 , is it possible ? does it take so long time for loading routes in VRF ?

could someone give me some proposal about it or some experience about internet routes in VRF , thanks.

3 Replies 3

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

Its not a good practise to load all the internet rouetes in the vrf. Do use vrf leaking. For this create a vrf of named internet which will be loaded with the default route and export that route with the rd and mport that route in your particular vrf. With this you will be having only 1 route in the vrf.

regards

shivlu

but how about downstream SP , if it requires full internet routes ?

and whether it's right way to focus on seperate all kinds of service traffic in VRFs, which keeps more security on bearer network .

is there any obvious risk for loading full internet routes through VRF ?

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

sorry forgot to put the link.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/internet_access_mpls_vpn.html

regards

shivlu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: