Helpful
Replies

EIGRP nei bounce

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

i ahve question here.

I got alert for Router down.it was back up after 7mins.i check the logs they were clean.no circuit no Nei bounce.when i did sh ip eigrp nei it shows nei is uptime from last 5 mins.During alert i was unable to ping the router and its gateway.

Any answers what hap actually happened

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Under router eigrp: eigrp log-neighbor-changes, I'm pretty certain, is the command you want to use.

:-)

Russ

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

drnteam
Level 1
Level 1

Was it a power failure? What is the router model? Which IOS? Is the link down or router failure?

Regards,

Eldo

HSBC Bank

Hi thanks for reply

it was not power failure

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(14)T5 , RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

it was no link down or router failure

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

Without any log messages, it's all going to just be a guess... :-( I would start by turning on eigrp log-neighbor-changes, and then you should get some notification of what is happening when a neighbor fails and comes back up.

Other than that, you can traipse through the EIGRP event log, and try to figure out which side actually went down, and possibly why, but that won't be an easy task, IMHO.

Russ

Hi thanks for reply,

what is exact syntax of that command

thnaks

Under router eigrp: eigrp log-neighbor-changes, I'm pretty certain, is the command you want to use.

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card