Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS with P2P at CPE on L3 switch

Is it possible to terminate the mpls at CPE at L3.I want to terminate mpls from office A to office B on L3.Also on office B I need to terminate P2P network on the same L3 from Site C.

I will be getting all the coneection on Site B on ethernet at my premise.How to route traffic keeping in mind there is no router etc.Means one mpls on one gigport of L3 and P2P on some other gigport of same L3.Also my internal network will be on same switch.

Also Would like to know will I get my both the connection as RFC1918 or will any of it be on public IP.Will my existing 3750 with SMI license work or need to go for E license.

What should be my config and routing etc. for above.

BReg,

S.Kumar

2 Replies 2

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Kumat

For this you want to have one connection with PE and rest of all the CE branches will be connected with your CE-HO and CE-HO will be having connectivity with PE. This is actually vrf lite. You can do this .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.1/20ew/configuration/guide/vrf.html

regards

shivlu

I am little confused now.

Is it possible with 3750 switch.

My concern is to terminate the mpls and p2p links on my L3 and route it.

Reg,

SKumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: