Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL2K in Win2003

f.gouger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Tell me if I am doing something wrong! I have to install SQL2K in my IPCC because I will work with two server in high availability.

I am upgrading from 4.0.5 to 5.0.2 so I have start over my servers with win2003. I have install IPCC 5.0.2 and following the doc, I have try to install SQL2K with the CD that I received for my 4.0.5 server.

But I receive this message.

Windows 2000 Server with service pac 4 or higher is required to install SQL2K Installer. Setup will now abort.

I have Windows 2003 with Service pack 1.

Can someone help me?

5 Replies 5

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the option to continue with the installation?

I have seen similar messages but was able to continue the install then apply the appropriate SP.

Kevin

Hi

No the installation stop there. But if I start with the autorun.exe in the SQL2K folder, I am able to complete the installation. But when I am rebooting the server I got this message

The installation program has detected that SQL2K is installed on this computer but that it was not installed using the installation disk provided by Cisco

But I am using a Cisco disk!

Any ideas?

I re-read your original posting a bit closer. Unfortunately there is not an upgrade path from CRS 4.0 to 5.0. You will need to use the product upgrade tool to obtain CRS 5.0.2 media.

Kevin

I did not use the good word. I use new DVD to install 5.0.2 and WIN2003. I have ask for the ''upgrade kit'' from Cisco. I know that I cannot upgrade from 4.0.5 to 5.0.2, that I need to re-install completely. I did not receive from Cisco a new SQL2K Cd so I use the old one from my 4.0.5 installation.

Just posted this to the other question about ordering SQL 2k.....

MY understanding is the part number depends on the MCS server and number of processors. I would suggest calling the presales help desk (don't have the number handy).

THis might help though. Look for UCCXIVR-45DB1PS1 at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd80702235.html

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: