cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM Design Question

patrickg
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WiSM's which I plan on placing in 2 geographically dispersed datacenters. I have 2 questions

1) Do I setup the 2 WLC's inside the WiSM to be in the same Mobility group to provide redundancy? Is that the best solution?

2) What is the best way to provide WiSM redundancy with this scenario? I will be supporting voice and data.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since this is for redundancy, all WLC will have to be on the same mobility group. Only if you you have different buildings would you might not want to have then on the same mobility group. For example... if WiSM 1 WLC 1 is primary for building 1 and WiSM 1 WLC 2 is primary for building 2 ,WiSM 2 WLC 1 is secondary for building 1 and WiSM 2 WLC 2 is secondary for building 2. Mobility group for WLC 1 would be building1 and WLC 2 would be building 2. If both WiSM's will be primary or secondary to any of the access points, will the mobility group name have to be the same.

The best redundancy, depends on your setup.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card