cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User controlled Call Forward to Mobile phone.

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

Can this be accomplished without the use of Cisco Unified Mobility?

We need the main number to ring two internal extension but if the is no answer for either of the two extensions, we need the call to be forwarded to a Mobile phone, this will happens primarily outside of business hours.

Now comes the hard part, the two users are 'on-call' on a rotation basic so some days one person is on call and on some days the other.

They want the main number to be forwarded to the person on call and they want to be able to control the the forwarding by specifying which mobile number the main number should forward to.

I am able to do the setup and call forwarding to a single mobile number but I have no idea how to give them control.

BTW, the main number rings the users individual extension and is not a shared line.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here's one option. Have the hunt pilot forward on no answer to a CTI route point. Give the users control of the CTI route point. They will then be able to login to ccmuser and change the forwarding behavior for the CTI route point which will in effect change the behavior for the main line.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Have you considered the use of the ccmuser? This will allow them to log in and change the associated phones forwarding capabilities.

Because the main number is not a shared line, changing the call forwarding on a single phone does not affect the main number.

The main number is tied to a huntpilot that is broadcast to the two extensions, my initial thought was to instruct the users to perform a Call-Forward-all on either phones to any mobile phone of their choice but I found out that it did not work.

Here's one option. Have the hunt pilot forward on no answer to a CTI route point. Give the users control of the CTI route point. They will then be able to login to ccmuser and change the forwarding behavior for the CTI route point which will in effect change the behavior for the main line.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: