cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is User Tracking support planned for CIGESM? (CM 5.0.2)

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does anybody know if User Tracking support for the CIGESM (blade center switch) is on the roadmap (sysObjectID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.660)?

If yes, what is the timeline?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This switch was not supported at all until CM 5.0.2, so having CM 3.0.1 wouldn't cut it. If your customer upgrades to LMS 3.0.1, the switch should show up with the proper icon on the topology map, and end hosts should be processed. That said, since it's managed like a 2950, if the customer is using SNMPv3, they will not get records in UT.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This switch is supported in Campus Manager and should work just fine in User Tracking. I think the documentation on Cisco.com which says this device is not supported in UT is simply a typo. The switch is managed as if it were a 2950.

Indeed I was referring to the documentation....

If that is the fact it should be supported with CM 5.0.1 as well - is that right? So it should not be necessary to install the december update to get the support (customer is running LMS 3.0 on windows).

I ask this, because a customer reports that he does not see any server connected to the CIGESM (and he has some 15 of them) and the question is if the december patch would change this, but with the information you gave - I've got my doubts.

I assume I have to do the ususal troubleshooting steps...

This switch was not supported at all until CM 5.0.2, so having CM 3.0.1 wouldn't cut it. If your customer upgrades to LMS 3.0.1, the switch should show up with the proper icon on the topology map, and end hosts should be processed. That said, since it's managed like a 2950, if the customer is using SNMPv3, they will not get records in UT.

that sounds really good! - good chance to skip the troubleshooting part...

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: