cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - MGCP fax not working

cfitzs
Level 1
Level 1

We are moving our entire company from CCM 4.x to CUCM 6.x.

At this time we have moved only a few offices and we have found the following problem. In order to get faxing to work I need to issue a mgcp package-capability fxr-package command to remove the no mgcp package-capability fxr-package that was in the mgcp config.

Everytime the router goes down for whatever reason, a new MGCP config is downloaded and faxing stops. This was not what occured under CCM 4.x. Currently these are 28xx and 26xx routers and faxes come in through a local PRI on a T1 CSU\DSU card.

Is there something that I missed in the gateway setup? If not is there a solution that can be employed that does not require manual intervention?

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Although not necessarily a solution to the root problem, a workaround would be to remove the "ccm-manager config" commands so that the gateway does not download the mgcp configuration, but relies on the local commands.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

We were looking at doing just this. My hope was that there is a solution that enables MGCP to work from a CUCM MGCP perspective.

The down side is that we have more than 30 offices that have about 4 different routers with a mix of single T1 to paired T1's, fxo and etc. The T1's are either Local PRI to Frame Relay with special overlays to enable QOS.

There are aspects that make manual a solution and also an intersting administrative piece.

In the interim I hope that there is a solution from Cisco that I have not found or is in the works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: