authenticate register

authenticate realm

timezone 32

time-format 24

url directory

tftp-path flash:

create profile sync 0248402420004889

ntp-server X.X.X.X mode unicast

But it's seems IOS don't care about 7940-7960 type phones and don't generate corresponding fields in corresponding CNF files. I don't see problem with 7911 phones.

Running on c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T4

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 04/08/2008 - 10:40

Hi, I don't want to sound bitter, but this is exactly the kind of problems that you meet using cisco phones in SIP: "doesn't do this, that doesn't work".

This is why the preferred mode is SCCP. All the features, none of the hassle.

nikolay-shopik Tue, 04/08/2008 - 10:53

Partially agree with you paolo. I was still get more issues with SCCP than SIP, like one-way sound issue and dropping calls and SCCP almost not workable in NAT environment.

And that's not big issue after all, because there are workaround - manually edit file. But definitely agree with you Cisco should put more hands on SIP part.

Basicly Cisco itself create more RFC related to SIP than any others so that's make no sense, doing lossy product after all.

Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 04/08/2008 - 11:08

Even if router/pix claims support for nat and sccp, in reality it was never thought as a nattable protocol. What most people do, use VPN and end of history.

Wrt to SIP and cisco, one thing is having good engineers (not necessarily CM or CME engineers) writing rfc's, another one is having other (possibly different) good engineers to make products that work, are quite advanced, and why not, a little proprietary too. That is, the definition of cisco's approach to IPT.

nikolay-shopik Tue, 04/08/2008 - 11:21

I never expect SCCP to work well under NAT. VPN is ONLY solution but this "not works" for us.

Why I'm still rely on SIP because of heavy using third party phone like Nokia E series. Well we can use both SCCP and SIP but I can't managed to get this work property, just creates more problems than its solves.

Thanks anyway for your help!

This Discussion