Recertified - will they send a new certificate?

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2008

Just passed the BCMSN test to recertify CCNP - with 18 days to spare before it expired, heh! Will Cisco automatically send me a new certificate/ID card with the new expiration date or do I have to order the CCNP kit?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
srue Tue, 04/08/2008 - 11:51

i'm pretty sure they will not send another kit. if that were the case, i'd have about 10 of'em.

alas, i only have 2 - one for the first time i got certified, and one for the second time i recertified, after the original had expired.

svermill Tue, 04/08/2008 - 13:24

It used to be automatic but now you must specifically request it. But even that rarely seems to work...

MichaelAF Thu, 04/10/2008 - 07:50

Ok thanks. I never got my first one cause I'm in the Air Force and had to deploy before my original certificate got to me in the mail. I think my wife thought it was junk mail and tossed it so I had to order another one online when I got back. But now I can't even find that option in the certificate tracking system. Where do you go to order a kit? I've been through every option and can't find it...

svermill Mon, 04/14/2008 - 14:15

Hey Michael,

You actually have to open a support case through the online system. I'm not aware of any way to just order a new paper trail via CCO or the Tracking System directly. I did open such a case once but never did receive the new certificates, so YMMV...

Cheers,

Scott

Actions

This Discussion