cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help: Multiple SRST

wireheadz
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone, Im currently working on how to make our network resilient enough in case our CCM 5.1 (standalone) is unavailable. Im trying to set up a redundant SRST. The only problem that I see is that only one SRST Reference per device pool, and one of the mandatory settings is the "Hostname". Just wish I can assigned the virtual gateway of my routers running HSRP. Is there any way I can assign more than one SRST in one Device Pool?

I was configuring 3 SRST routers and each of them belongs to diffent Device Pool DP. All the partitions and call search spaces were already configured on the CCM so I was expecting that when I disconnect the CCM from the network, SRST routers will inherit the settings (Partitions and CSS) from the CCM. However, when all my IP Phones went to SRST fallback mode. All of them are isolated now to their own device pool. Is there any workaround how to let these IP Phones communicate to other IP Phones in another DP during fallback mode?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can only have 1 SRST reference, there is no way to add more than that.

the only way to have SRST redundancy is to have HSRP and have both GWs with connection to the PSTN if you need inbound/outbound calling. if only internal then just HSRP for the LAN.

SRST does not inherit any of the CSS and partitions, it just register the phones using the DN they currently have as they lose communication to their primary CUCM server

when phones goes to SRST they work very similar as with CME, but there are no COR in there so any phone that registers to the same GW will reach all the other phones.

i haven't tried it myself but maybe you can configure a dial-peer that points to the other router and try a call, if that doesn't work then the only way would be to call using the PSTN.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can only have 1 SRST reference, there is no way to add more than that.

the only way to have SRST redundancy is to have HSRP and have both GWs with connection to the PSTN if you need inbound/outbound calling. if only internal then just HSRP for the LAN.

SRST does not inherit any of the CSS and partitions, it just register the phones using the DN they currently have as they lose communication to their primary CUCM server

when phones goes to SRST they work very similar as with CME, but there are no COR in there so any phone that registers to the same GW will reach all the other phones.

i haven't tried it myself but maybe you can configure a dial-peer that points to the other router and try a call, if that doesn't work then the only way would be to call using the PSTN.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java