cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Default purge job failed

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

my purge job failed ever other 2 or 3 weeks, what's a common reason for failure?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME? What error do you see when the purge job fails?

RME v.4.0 here is the error from syslog

Sat Apr 05 17:45:11 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[main],Drop table failed:ASA Error -210: User 'DBA' has the row in 'SYSLOG_20080025' locked 8405 42W18

[ Sat Apr 05 17:45:13 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[main],Failed to purge syslogs

[ Sat Apr 05 17:45:14 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[main],Purge not successful

Thank you

This can occur because of a bug. Go to Common Services > Server > Admin > Job Browser, and check how many instances of the SyslogDefaultPurge job exist. If there is more than one, choose the ID of the one you do not want, then run the following from the command line:

NMSROOT/bin/cwjava -cw NMSROOT com.cisco.nm.cmf.jrm.jobcli

Then the jobcli is ready, type "delete ID" where ID is the job ID of the job you do not want. NOTE: NMSROOT is the path to where LMS is installed.

If this really is RME 4.0, you must upgrade. This bug has since been fixed, and will not reoccur after deleting the second instance.

I have RME 4.0, so do I need a total upgrade or a Patch? thank you so much!

Eli

You need an upgrade to LMS 2.6 SP1 preferably. It is freely downloadable from Cisco.com. You will first need to go to LMS 2.5.1, then to 2.6, then you can use the Common Services Software Center to download the additional 2.6 SP1 components. You can start from http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

If you are on Windows, you should set your global and per-user TEMP and TMP environment variables to something short like C:\WINDOWS\TEMP, reboot, and disable anti-virus before you do the upgrades.

Hey Calrke, my LMS is v 2.6 running on Solaris 9, so I didn't see any updated than 2.6 on the link you sent me!!regarding the syslogdefault purge. I have only one instance, that's running every week. the next one showing just scheduled for

coming sunday. thank you in advance for your help.

Given the age of the table, it may be something that became wedged. Try restarting dmgtd, then see if your purge job completes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco