Views
Helpful
Replies

untouchable router

mcelec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have some routers instaled in remote office to main office, in the remote office i have that behavior:

routers are working fine, but, if I move some of them or a cable conected to them or something similar, the router goes booting, if I take that router to my office and power it on with out cables, it works fine, I can move the router whatever I want and it does not boot, what's happening, will be some electrical problem or is there something I do not know or will the router be damage??

can somebody please??

Martin

3 Replies 3

msrohman
Level 1
Level 1

It seems to be an electrical problem. Have you tried another type of hardware to see if it also reboots when moved around?

Cisco routers are pretty resilient. I'd check the logs for any errors though.

Can you have an electrician check the line?

HTH

-M

I installed another router and it is working fine, I have not cheked the electrical instalation yet, problem is location is far away.

jn4181
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

I've experienced this issue on a 1720. I found out that the 1720 was missing a screw on the motherboard, so every time I pull a cable from the router, depending on the angle I pull, the router will reboot. I believe this happens when the motherboard makes contact of the chassis and causes some sort of electrical interference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card