cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On-net call and re-route

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Two sites, each site use 5 digits ext. Customer would like to use 9+10digits(for example 9202xxxxxxx) dialing for inter sites calling because they want consistent user experience as they did before when the two sites were just two seperate PBXes. Translation pattern works very well for this. 9+10digits translate to 5 digits. We still have 9[2-9]x[2-9]xxxxx route pattern for each site. Now my question is: if wan between the two sites go down, will the call re-route to PSTN to reach the other site? Thanks

1 Reply 1

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

From what it sounds like no you wont have any redundancy if the WAN were to fail. Your translation only strips the digits and sends out the remaining five digit extension. IF the WAN were to go down the translation pattern would still be in use with no fall back.

I guess one of two options that I am aware of is having users get used to five digit dialing or have them dial without the 9 and just the ten digit number. Then when the WAN fails, they can use the 9 to dial out to the PSTN. Some of the more experienced members may have some other alternatives.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: