cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I tweak a single lightweight AP?

Andrew.Hanson
Level 1
Level 1

This may be a dumb question, but I would like someone else to confirm that the lightweight APs who are connected to a WLC cannot have individual "allowances" made. For instance, I cannot implement MAC restrictions on one AP in a given area versus the entire wireless domain (across all APs). Right?

4 Replies 4

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Andrew,

If you want a different security method for a particular AP you'd need to create a new WLAN and configure MAC restrictions on it. Then you could apply the new WLAN to the AP in question and no others using the 'WLAN Override' feature.

Hope this is Helpful,

Scott.

Thanks Scott for even taking the time. It is appreciated!

I created a WLAN for deployment to a specific AP but cannot find this WLAN Override feature. Could you specify where and how this would be configured. I have WLC 4402 LAN controllers with S/W :4.1.185.0.

Thanks Again!

Andrew

You have to click on the wireless tab on your wlc. Then click on 802.11a/n and select the ap and click configure. It will be located on the bottom left side of the page. You will also have to set it for 802.11b/g/n.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Fella,

I see it now. Appreciate your guys' input!

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card