Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DME to DMP

Hi

I'm running H264/MPEG4 enconder in DME 1000. How can I do to DMP show the live content?

Thanks

Peterson

6 Replies 6

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

The DMP4300 and 4305 model does not support the H.264 codec at this time. Check back in June when Cisco rolls out the DMP4400 model.

Hi Charles

But the live content is support in DMP 4300/4305 only with Scientific-Atlanta with encoder MPEG2TS codec, correct?

Thanks

No. That would be one way, but then you would have to buy that box. Try this work around. Down load VLC which is an open source transcoding and media server/multicasting tool available from VLC.org. Run it on a PC or Server. Use your DME 1000 encoder and send the H.264 encoded stream to the server running VLC in a unicast stream. Using VLC Transcode the stream into a MPEG2 TS and send it out of VLC as a multicast. Point your DMPs to the multicast. I have attached a PPT that should be helpful.

Hey Charles, thanks!

Please, send me another ppt about DMS?

pcristovam@telsinc.com.br

Thanks!

Thank you for the presentation!

I want to stream a video from a DVD with the VLC across the LAN where is a DMP. Which are the settings of the VLC (no for seeing a SA stream)?

Thank you again!

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

The DMP4400 will play a H.264 stream. Since you are unable to get it to work I am assuming you are using DMP4305s for playback.The DMP4305 will not play an MPEG4 H.264 video stream. Check out VLC.org. VLC is open source video transcoding tool. The work around is to Use VLC setup on a laptop or server to transcode the MPEG4 stream into and MPEG2 Transport stream and then set up VLC to multicast the stream to your local LAN. Have each DMP listen for the correct UDP address and port. Hope this works for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: