Views
Helpful
Replies

Rogues? What Rogues?

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

As I type the WCS Home page is reporting that I have a total of 59 rogue APs in the 'Rogue Detail Summary" table. However, when I click on the red underlined '59' WCS takes me to the rogue AP page and, guess what, the page is blank! Up until a few days ago this page was working ok. Has anybody else came across this?

Any help as ever will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

What rev of wcs, wlc and location app are you running? Also, what are the setting under Adminstration|Settings in WCS?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help

WCS is 5.0.56.0

WLCs are 5.0.148.0

no location appliances

The settings in admin/settings should all be at the defaults as I have not made any changes to them. However....

Data Management 31, 31, 10, 31

Report "filepath", 31

Mail Server - all blank except 'From' - WCS@"WCSIP"

Login Disclaimer - Blank

Alarms unchecked, checked, unchecked

Client unchecked

Notification Receiver - None

SNMP unchecked, Exponential, checked, 2, 2, 100

Also, if I click on the number of adhoc Rogues on the Home page then that table displays OK.

The alarm summary table in the bottom left of the browser widow displays 0 rogues when the table on the Home page says 60.

Regards,

Scott

Hmmm.... I have not moved up to 5x yet, so I may not be of much help.

Are you running WCS on Linux or windows? Have you restarted the service or rebooted since?

It almost sounds like a bug. See CSCsk17031

CSCsl51188, CSCsl53612, CSCsl98668 from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCS_RN5_0.html#wp44532

Hi Eric,

Its a Linux system.

I tried restarting the service and rebooting - neither made any difference I'm afraid.

Thanks for trying

Regards,

Scott.

I've discovered I can get to the expected data if I select 'Monitor','Security'the click on the number of "Unclassified Rogues".

It sounds like a bug indeed.

Scott

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card